Wednesday, May 27, 2009

#23...bud vase line-up

I love the centerpiece of glass bud vases displayed on the table in the above magazine shot. It is simple, and graphic and fun. Singularly, a glass bud vase isn't much to look at, but grouped they are something to admire. There is power in numbers.

I decided to recreate this look on my dining table. Digging through my vase menagerie, I found two bud vases that I liked enough to display. So, I headed to the Goodwill and the Salvation Army stores in my neighborhood and rounded up another 7 vases for my centerpiece. Each vase cost less than $2, with some costing as little as 30 cents. The total for my newly acquired old bud vases was $8.10.

I visited the flower market, looking for something with similar texture and size to the flowers in the inspiration photo. I purchased 9 yellow spider mums for $1.25 a stem, for a total of $11.50, and set about arranging them. This centerpiece cost less than $20, and has lasted for 6 days thus far. I'm excited to fill my vases with a new flower in a few days.

No comments: