Wednesday, December 9, 2009

#110...Isabella's Room

I have been helping my client Sara pull together and finish decorating her daughter Isabella's room. Below are two shots of Isabella's room before we started.
This room had good bones to start with....pretty furniture, a lovely custom window dressing and a soothing green wall color. We simply set out to add some personality to the room, and to give it a style that could grow with Isabella. Starting with removing the pastel wallpaper border that was not really adding anything to the room, we rearranged artwork, added a few new pieces including lamps and mirrors, added two matching bed quilts and some bright pillow shams. After the holidays, Sara wants to turn Isabella's closet into a play fort for her, which will be a fun project. Here is Isabella's newly spruced up room.


Over the bed, I used these gold frames found at the Goodwill, and simply painted them a wine color, recovered the mat with some Amy Butler Love fabric and added mirrors.


I also made this little silhouette art of Isabella that we hung gallery style over her bed along with other sentimental heirloom pieces. You can see how I did it right here.
We added this lamp to Isabella's dresser. It was a plain brown lamp that I painted with the little owl that coordinates with the Alexander Henry Spotted Owl fabric that I used behind Isabella's silhouette.

I also made this little owl (which Sara and Isabella have not even seen yet) using this pattern that Sara found on Etsy. It is so adorable I want to make more!

3 comments:

kl2069 said...

wow, Christie - it looks great, and I love the owls! How old is Isabella?

Sara Carolina said...

She's 4. Christie's done a great job. Thanks, Christie!!

Teri said...

That owl fabric looks familiar :)
We LOVE it in Lilly's room too! I ended up making a fabric covered magnet board with it similar to the framed bulletin board you suggested. LOVE Isa's room!