Friday, October 29, 2010

#254...time change

I bought this clock at Ross Dress for Less for $15.
It is about a 20" diameter, made of plastic, and really light weight. I decided to take it apart and make it over for a client's kid playroom. 
I wanted to change the look of the clock face and numbers, so I measured face diameter, and cut a circle of canvas for the new face.

Next, I spray painted the frame and cut canvas face with yellow spray paint (hard to tell it is yellow in this pic)
I faux painted the clock face to have a pinwheel-like, pie-shaped design on it. Then I printed out numbers, and cut them out with an Exacto knife, creating stencils that I traced onto the painted face.
I used an oil-based Sharpie paint pen (not the same as a marker) to fill in the stenciled numbers. I put it all back together and here is the clock's new look.....just in "time" for the Daylight Savings time change next weekend...ha ha!

No comments: