Monday, August 22, 2011

#374...undecorate

It has been awhile since I've gotten any new decorating books, so impulsively last week I ordered Undecorate by Christine Lemieux. 
The book profiles 20 homes that take an unconventional, no-rules approach to decorating. By "no-rules" they mean that the houses don't follow any conventional decorating rules often applied by trained interior designers. The houses have a more mix-and-match feel, with regard to different styles of furniture and accessories that the homeowners have collected over time. I thought I'd really glean a lot from this book, as mix-and-match thrift store chic is quintessentially my own personal style. There are some good pics throughout the book, and I have not had time to read any of the the homeowner stories that accompany the pictures; however, overall I'm a little underwhelmed by the book. I skimmed through it pretty quick, and no picture really stopped me in my tracks. I guess I have gotten so used to seeing really inspiring interior pictures just a simple mouse click away, that I had higher expectations for something in print. To be fair, I need to give it a thorough read, but here are a few of my favorite shots that showcase the book's mix-and-match philosophy.





3 comments:

Jen Schmude said...

I think you are underwhelmed because YOU do this better than the pics in the book.

Christie Chase said...

awwww....thanks Jen!

Jony said...

We grow up listening that proper diet and exercise are very important to live a happy and healthy life. Seldom are we informed about the benefits of a right mattress and the harmful effects of sleeping on a bad mattress.
Buy Right Furniture