Friday, January 27, 2012

#441...fendi facelift

I got this vintage Fendi purse at a consignment shop for about $15.
It was in really good shape except for the trimming around the zipper, which was completely frayed.
I thought about taking it to a shoe/purse repair shop....(and I still may)....but I decided first to try giving it a quick fix so that I could use it. I got some 3/8ths inch bright blue velvet ribbon and simply glued it over the frayed trim. I thought about using a fabric/leather glue, but I wanted a less permanent solution in case I wanted to change the ribbon out. I opted to glue it on with hot glue, which rips off when you are done with it.

I tried to get an action shot with my new cross body beauty, but Mazie thought the photo shoot was about her and would not get out of the frame.

No comments: